Monday, December 9, 2013

For a moment, i am aware


As I realize this moment, it expands, it grows into more moments, each its own entity. Filled with whatever it may hold.
As I open my eyes, my heart, my mind, the moments continue to grow, until I reach a level of mindfulness I had lacked previously.
As I adopt mindfulness into my life, I find that each moment becomes more important, more real, less important as it fades, and I learn to “Be here now.” How many times have I heard and shared that ‘the now’ is all we have? This moment is the only moment…
Adopting an attitude of mindfulness requires effort.
We are continually programmed in many societies to reject the possibility that satisfaction can occur moment by moment. We are taught to want more, strive for more, dream bigger, and push forward toward our goals.
We are inundated with multiple images on screens, billboards, televisions, iPods iPads, desktop laptop, top to bottom front to back we are sent pulsating flickers of who what how why our lives should be made better easier faster richer… more more more! Rarely are we taught to…Stop.
Listen.
Feel.
Smell.
Look.
Touch — just to feel the energy transfer.
Not to move toward the next thing, but to observe and ingest what is happening

Exactly In This Moment.

Rebelle Society